Once your PowerPoint 2013 has been launched, the Presentation Gallery can be seen. An orange section on the left side can be easily noticed. Notice that the rest of highlighted areas are colored in bright orange color. In this tutorial PPT interface is going to be discovered. Let us select any available Theme in your Presentation Gallery. We take the option “Blank Presentation”.
Now you have a newly created blank PPT presentation. You can see the interface with the orange Status Bar. Notice that all selected options are colored in the same orange color.
Do your eyes feel comfortable with such an orange color? In fact it is quite difficult to stare at orange color for a long time while working with presentations. Would you like to get rid of this hot and blazing interface color?
In fact Microsoft gets numerous complains from users. As a result an extra beta option has been added which enables to change the color of the interface to more neutral and subtle.
Follow these steps for changing the color of PowerPoint interface:
1. In order to bring up the view “Backstage” you should choose the menu “File”. Then select “Options”.
2. Now the dialog box “PowerPoint Options” is brought up. Check that the option “General” has been selected within your sidebar. Then you should locate the option “Office Theme” on the right of the dialog box within the section “Personalize your copy of Microsoft Office”.
3. The default option which is selected within the selection box “Office Theme” is “White”. You have to click the arrow close to the box. A dropping-down list will be brought up.
4. Three color choices are available: white (by default), Light Gray and Dark Gray.
Keep in mind if you choose “White”, you will end up with too much orange within the interface. It is recommended to select other available color option (for example “Light Gray”) and click the button “OK”. The color of your interface will be changed to light gray.
Notice that the highlighted area is in a much darker color.. However it is still orange but not so harsh on users’ eyes. All the changes to PowerPoint 2013 interface will be automatically applied to other Office applications (such as Excel or Word).
5. Once you have placed the cursor on the option “Comments” on the Status bar. The area will get highlighted in much brighter hue.
6. Now within the dropping list “Office Theme” you should select the color option “Dark Gray” and then click the button “OK”. Your interface color will be modified to Dark Gray. You can see that all highlighted areas and the Status Bar sport Dark Gray color. Such a dark color is pleasant to your eyes.
7. Once you place the cursor over the option “Comments”, the area on the Status Bar turns into orange color.
8. Comparing to actual default colors this is still less orange color. If you compare the first image with the last one, you will notice that the orange-colored section on the Presentation Gallery left side has been modified to dark gray color.